Now that the new copiers are here, users are asking “how-to” questions. The most asked question has been how to avoid printing in color by accident. See the “Help Docs” mentioned below for a guide on changing your default setting in Windows.
A few other safeguards against accidental color printing are already in place:
- From your computer, check the color settings in the software you are printing from before hitting print.
- From your computer, note the amount on the pop-up message after sending the print job to Pharos
- At the copier, click on the document waiting to be printed. The cost of that job will show to the right. (black & white 5¢ | color 35¢)
You will not be charged for the print job until you release and print it at the copier. The MC-Copier driver is the only one with the option to print color. MC-Printer is for the smaller black & white HP printers found in the residence halls and labs.
We have uploaded “Help Docs” to MyMeredith. Topics include:
- How Do I Change My MC-Copier to Default to Black & White?
- How Do I Add the Finisher (need for stapling) to My MC-Copier Driver?
- How Do I Delete Old Printers?
Click for a direct link to the “Help Docs“. More information on changing color setting in common programs like Adobe, Microsoft Office, and Google are coming soon!