“Don’t use social media to impress people, use it to impact people.”
Do you keep track of time when using social media? How is it spent? Well, if you use it that much, why not make the best of it!
Social media is one of the most used tools to share information, create ideas, and view other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks. While it’s an easy way of communicating and getting the message across, it has a downside of getting one addicted, forcing him/her to spend excessive amount of time on the internet via PCs or phones.
Here are a few tips on how to use social media to your advantage:
- Raise RELEVANT or interesting topics. Use your voice through social media’s platform.
- Use the power of IMAGES. Think in terms of how you can convey a message in ways that are visually interesting. They can also be used to share pertinent quotes from recent news stories, or words of advice from experts.
- BREVITY is the soul of wit. Keep it short and sweet!
- Increase your NETWORK. Make connections, be sure to put your best foot forward, and take part.
- BALANCE information of your work/private/public stuff. Do not share everything! Somethings are meant to be kept to yourself.
Lastly, experience the real world! Make plans with friends to do some activities. Hike, go for a walk, take a yoga class together… When you’re socializing and being physical, you’re less likely to multi-task with social media or be on your phone.
We want to hear your thoughts on how to maximize the use of Social Media! Comment below.