Changes are coming! Get ready, because April 16th means big things here at Meredith! “But wait, I don’t like change!” Don’t worry, this is a good change, you’ll be alright.
Technology Services is working on a plan to change all Meredith owned systems to use the same username and password, starting April 16th. This username and password will be known as your Net ID and Net ID password.
That’s right – no more keeping up with separate Blackboard, WebAdvisor, Elucian Go, and Course Eval passwords! NOTE: Your email password will not be affected at this time.
So, how do you choose your Net ID password?
Before April 14th:
1. Log in to WebAdvisor and go to the students menu
2. Under User Account click on Create Net ID Password
3. Enter your desired password in both boxes, and then click submit
That’s right, it’s that easy! If you miss the April 14th deadline, don’t worry. You’ll be assigned a random Net ID password by Tech Services. Before you run off to set yours, here are some requirements for all Net ID passwords:
- Must be at least 8 characters long
- Must contain at least 1 upper case letter
- Must contain at least 1 lower case letter
- Must contain a number
- Must contain one of the following characters ! @ # $ % ^ & * () _ + (period is not allowed)
- Cannot contain three consecutive characters from the username
- Cannot contain first or last name
Once you’ve set your password, all you have to do is wait until April 16th when Net IDs come into effect and we can finally start cutting down on how many passwords we have to juggle!