Ever frantically rushed to class, only to find out it was canceled and you just didn’t check the email? Follow these helpful steps to link your Gmail account to your iPhone through the ‘Mail’ or ‘Gmail’ apps, or to your Android phone. You’ll never miss an email again!
How to link Gmail to your iPhone with the Mail app
1. Go into Settings and click Mail, Contacts, Calendars
2. Once inside Mail, Contacts, Calendars, click Add Account
3. There will then be a list of email servers to chose from, click Google.
4. Enter the information needed and click next in the top right corner (will be highlighted once info is entered)
5. Once the correct information is entered Gmail will recognize your account and automatically link your account to your phone (the options: Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Notes are available to sync each of these from your Gmail account. If you do not wish to have any or some of these synced, simply slide the green button to the left disable just as Contacts is done here)
6. Then, you are able to go to your Mail App on Homepage and see Gmail has been linked into your mail (I have my Hotmail and Gmail account linked, as you can see)
How to link Gmail to your iPhone with the Gmail app
1. Navigate to the app store
2. Search for “Gmail”
3. Locate the app named “Gmail – email from Google”
4. Click the “FREE” download button and verify your apple ID to begin the download
5. Open the app once it has finished downloading and installing
6. Log-in using one of the Gmail accounts you wish to be connected to your device
To Connect Additional Accounts:
1. While in the Gmail app, click the three lined button in the top left corner
How to link Gmail to your Android
1. On the home screen, press the options button and then settings
2. In settings click, accounts and sync
3. From there click add account and follow the instructions for adding your Gmail account
4. Since the Gmail is already linked in the phone pictured, you will click on the Gmail account and select which options you would like to sync to the phone
5. If you would like for everything to sync automatically, click the Auto Sync button. If you would like to manually sync Gmail options, simply unclick the Auto Sync button.
Now you’re all set to access your Meredith email any time, any place!